Those who are participating in Ren day need to get to Florence High School prior to 7:15 a.m. To avoid traffic.
1. After 7:15 a.m. Cars may only come in from Helton Drive.
2. If you plan to stay at school all day, please park in the old teacher’s lot in front of the auditorium. The police officer must move the barricade to let you in. Students will be available to help you move/haul things.
3. If you plan to leave prior to 2:45 p.m.,please park in the cross-hatched parallel spaces in front of the student doors. Cars must be moved from here before 2:45 because it becomes the exit lane for traffic.
4. Remember — No Swords this year!
5. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Renaissance Day. Oct. 22, 2014
Teachers are invited to bring students to Renaissance Day each period.
Guest speakers and performers will be in the Commons, the Chorus room, the Dance studio, and the Orchestra room.
We will have a Gutenberg Press, a medieval surgeon, midwife, herbalist, martial artists, and an expert on the medieval church. We will also have Florentine dancers and belly dancers. Of course, there will be knights and fair maidens.
Teachers are also encouraged to have their students actively participate. For example, culinary students may demonstrate subtlety foods. Cosmetology students may braid hair. Fashion design students may help our royal seamstress model her designs/costumes. Orchestra students may perform appropriate music. Film students are encouraged to film the events of the day and interview the presenters. Art students may wish to set up easels and demonstrate painting techniques. Drama, chorus, and dance students are invited to perform throughout the day.
Many students, and some teachers, will be in costume and character. Our time period consists of Western Europe from 1066 A.D. to 1600 A.D.